Winter 2010 internships due Friday, October 29!!!
Do you talk good? Have a great sense of humor (and get that last joke)? Organized? Willing to play ping pong for long, extended periods of time? Want to work in downtown Des Moines? Love learning? Being able to run with your ideas? Interested in landing stories with the likes of the New York Times? How about some amazing startups like Dwolla? How about reading a series of questions?
If you answered yes to three or four of those questions, and are not already annoyed with us, you might want to consider our unpaid internship at Freestyle Public Relations.
We’re a small boutique firm nestled on the 12th floor of the historic Midland Building in downtown Des Moines (206 6th Ave., #1201), but man do we have a lot of heart and knowledge to share. We’ll give you the experience of a lifetime in exchange for your soul — or at the very least, a few hours of your day.
- Currently a journalism, communication, or related major
- Resume and previous writing samples (press releases are preferred)
- Junior or senior in an accredited journalism school (freshmen and sophomores may apply if they’re able to prove you are ahead of the curve)
- Strong communication skills
- AP style
- The cognitive absorbency of a sponge
- Active in social media
- Minimum 15 hrs a week (you can work all 120, but we don’t recommend it) with a set schedule so we know when to expect you
- A personality
- Able to deal with Jordan (see picture)
- Design experience isn’t necessary, but is a definite plus
- On-site gym
- Ping Pong
- College credit (as supported by your particular educational institution, but we will happily do the paperwork)
- Clever banter
- Freedom to run with ideas
- Real world experience (we hear this is marketable?)
If you’re interested in embarking on the great adventure that is a Freestyle internship, please send your resumé and coverletter to me, former intern and current Sr. Account Associate Jordan Lampe (firstname.lastname@example.org).